Public Health Dashboard
The purpose of the dashboard is to support local decision-making by bringing existing comparative data into one place and making it accessible and meaningful to a wide audience.
The dashboard currently provides summary data on:
- Best start in life
- Child obesity
- Drug treatment
- Alcohol treatment
- NHS Health Checks
- Sexual health services
- Tobacco control
For each theme, there is one combined (summary rank) indicator made up of several different component indicators. On the basis of this, each local authority in each of the seven areas of delivery has been given a ranking and category description about how local delivery compares with all other local authorities and on a like-for-like basis.
The dashboard builds on and complements our existing products, especially the Local Health Profiles and the Public Health Outcomes Framework which both provide a large amount of information on the public’s health in local places
The Public Health Dashboard has been published in ‘shadow’ form. We are interested in receiving your comments and feedback to help shape and refine the dashboard. All comments should be sent to PHdashboard@phe.gov.uk.
In particular, we are interested in feedback on the following areas:
- The indicators within the dashboard
- The terminology used in the site including how the categories of performance are described
- How to improve the data quality and how to handle any gaps in the data
- Whether to include additional indicators on other wider determinants of health
- What additional support/resources it would be useful to publish alongside the dashboard to help local authorities act on the information it contains.